Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jack Ingram - 2009 - Big Dreams and High Hopes



1. Free
2. Barefoot and Crazy
3. That's A Man
4. Seeing Stars
5. Not Giving Up On Me
6. Barbie Doll
7. Big Dreams And High Hopes
8. Heartache
9. Man In Your Life
10. King Of Wasted Time
11. In The Corner

The title track of Jack Ingram's new album, Big Dreams & High Hopes , recalls the dreams of a Houston kid who envisioned a life onstage from the time he first played a guitar. And because Jack sees so many aspiring musicians on the road at his shows, it's become a priority for him to reach out. "As a musician, it's important for me to reach out those kids who pick up a guitar and want to play. If I could have had some access to the artists I listened to when I was in my teens, it would have saved me a lot of aggravation. When I see these kids backstage or out front in the autograph line, and I get to talk with them, I sure hope I can provide them with some kind of knowledge and insight that prevents them from banging their head against the wall in frustration while trying to pursue their dream. What I tell `em, is exactly what I've learned: it's not that scary...you just have to keep on doing it every day. Whether you play an instrument or not, I want people to listen to my music, get that release, and walk away with the resolve to continue pursuing whatever goals they may have."

No comments:

Post a Comment