Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Editor and some changes maybe?

First of all everybody officially welcome ccr Ive made him an editor now so he can stop posting links in the shout box also Ive been crazy busy and will continue to be.

I really want to hear from you guys on this one...use the comments button of this post pls

1) Im looking for something where I can do requests separate from the shoutbox just to keep it more organized and keep people for asking for the same thing over and over any idea of what i could use?  Forum on the way.... anyone have experience setting these up?

2) Is there anything you guys think this site is missing? And dont say new content I know already

3) Do you guys like the site the way it is organized/setup, more specifically the tags feature being "Artist:zzzz" instead of ZZZZ being there (I thought it was a good idea to keep them separate so people could jump to other tags like "discography" easier.) Is it hard to read?

4) Most importantly have you told anyone about this site? My unofficial goal is to have that little counter be 5 digits before Jan 1.

Also Ive added the megaupload box on the bottom left....for all of you reluctant uploaders...all you need to do its rar or zip your files (no passwords!) and click browse and select the file...enter a simple description and then click send itll give you a link thats really tiny but you can click it and itll take you to where the file is hosted then just cut and paste into the shoutbox
and Im sorry that its cut off but when i change the look of this thing ill make it work better but i figure its better than nothing and just so you know it does upload all the files to one account that i made just for you guys so i will probably (depending on how popular it is) every week or so make a post with everything yall have upped



hit up those comments some more....

8 comments:

  1. Good site which i just heard about last week. I like the setup and would request you post everything as RS or Mediafire and not as Torrents. I'd like to see a separate box set up for requests, maybe you could keep a list and post them so everyone would know what has already been requested and won't double up. I'd really like to see more different Texas C-W posted. What you have is kind of the top charting artists. I'd like to see the following: Jamie Richards, Bill Nash, Weldon Henson, Shane Worley, Clint Martin, etc. There are a ton of great artists waiting to be discovered. If you ever need suggestions or help let me know. I troll the internet constantly looking for the best in new and old Americana/Tx country music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it how you got it. I've been looking for months for a site like yours and I thoroughly enjoy it. Keep up the chart toppers, there's always room to add as you go along. I, like alot of folks I am sure are not really up on how to upload to certain download sites like RS or mediafire but if there was a easy way to set up uploading I would be all for it to help out your cause. I love hearing this music, but hey $15-20 a album plus SH for a artist I don't know if I will like. I usually end up spending tons more if I go to shows, so I think this is a great way to sample select artists and see if you are willing to add them to your catalog of tangible discs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heres a box that will allow people to drop there cds in too share

    im looking for another box thingy for request but they all seems to be like the shoutbox so it might be easiers just to keep that for shoutout and request and use that link to drop there cds in?

    lol and you knows me soo its all good

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.megaupload.com/?c=tools

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im working on a way to work that box into the blog

    @ second poster....if you email me ill give you detailed instructions of how to upload it...its easy just basically you need to zip them into one big file instead of individual ones

    Im also working on a FAQ section too

    ReplyDelete
  6. this site is amazing. i've always wanted a site just like this on the 'net. as a commenter above stated, we need to figure out a way to catalog/share all of our music collections with each other through this site. and possibly expand it into forums in add'n to the blog part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. one more thing- make sure you can transfer the site to another (virtual) location if the record company bad guys come after you (and us!). this is an amazing site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered this page today. Quite neat so far.

    I have some albums uploaded to sendspace. I would be more than happy to share them here. If I can...

    @ Forum.....are you working on one? Or planning to work on one?
    Have you tried freeforums.org?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete