Monday, December 21, 2009

Modest Mouse - 1996 - This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About


1. Dramamine
2. Breakthrough
3. Custom Concern
4. Might
5. Lounge
6. Beach Side Property
7. She Ionizes & Atomizes
8. Head South
9. Dog Paddle
10. Novacain Stain
11. Tundra/Desert
12. Ohio
13. Exit Does Not Exist
14. Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset
15. Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds
16. Space Travel is Boring

Direct Download (Rapidshare)

I'm going to start off this little "Indie" update with my favorite band. We all know we listen to Texas Country on this blog, but I'm sure everyone here listens to different genres. May that be country, rap, hip-hop or jazz. With that in mind, I'm going to upload some albums which I recommend you checking out.

Modest Mouse. I first heard of them back in 2004. The song was "Float On" off their 4th studio album "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" The music video was playing on MTV and I was hooked instantly. "Float On" is a very catchy song. Reviews came out stating that "Good News" Was to pop and wasn't the style of MM, but I came to realize that every bands style and sound can't stay the same. I finally was able to pick up a couple of "Good News" and the 2004 re-issue of The Moon And Antarctica on Black Friday 2004.

I'll start off with "This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About" This is Modest Mouse's first studio release. It took me a little while to get the full couple of this album. I was still stuck on their new releases but I heard this album I was amazed. The songs on this album are on both ends of the spectrum with some in between. It will take a while to get used to Isaac Brocks vocals and quite possibly his lyrics. I'm not the best at writing reviews, but give this album a listen and let me know how you feel about it. The songs that stick out the most to be on the album are "Dramamine" "Breakthrough" "Custom Concern" 'Head South" "Tundra/Desert" "Talking Shit About A Pretty Sunset" "Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds"

Now after you listen to this album, I would like some of you to review and write about in the comments, because I really like to hear what others have to say about this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment